Friday, February 19, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things-February 19, 2016



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain.  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

Be sure to stop by Hart Johnson's blog to read two more blurbs from the authors of the Parallels: Felix Was Here anthology.  Today we're hearing from Michael Abayomi and Sandra Cox.

Valentine's Day brought us The Walking Dead, so that's a good thing.

We got a telescope this week.  We got an Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector, and along with that we also got an Orion 08889 1.25-Inch Telescope accessory kit.  A lot of technical details, I know.  All I can say is that I'm really excited about trying it all out!

It's been a busy week, so while I didn't get a ton of writing done, I did manage to do a little every day.  I'll consider that a win.

What would you like to celebrate?




15 comments:

  1. Life gets busy, enjoy it. And getting a little writing done in between is a plus. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, telescopes! I love stargazing, particularly if you can find a place with no light pollution. Have fun! And getting some writing done every day is definitely worth celebrating. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a telescope must be really exciting. Hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A telescope is an awesome thing to have. We used to have one when I was little. Young me had the brilliant idea of trying to look at the sun. Yeah, it turned out like you'd expect with me seeing spots in one eye. Thankfully, I didn't do permanent damage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Telescope's are a wonderful delight, especially if the lights of the city don't interfere!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A telescope - what fun your boys will have with it! If you didn't get much writing done this week, there's always next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - a super telescope is a wonderful thing to get - you are so lucky and yes I am sure as others have said your children will love it as I used to at my parents. I think that's why I've always been really interested in space and have always brought that into the classroom too :) Have a great weekend! Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, I'm jealous! Congrats to your new telescope. I'm sure you guys will enjoy watching those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just finished reading "Felix Was Here" - absolutely wonderful! So proud to be included in an anthology with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, a new telescope! That should be hours of fun! Good luck with your writing and have a great week! ~Lori~

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new telescope is awesome. We need to invest in one some day soon. I was happy TWD was back too! I celebrated the release of my newest book last week, and now I'm working on the edits for the next one in the series. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you see some interesting sights through your telescope! Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, that's awesome about the new telescope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A telescope? That's epic! I've been so bad about being online and promoting everyone's bits. I guess that's because my head is split between two anthologies I'm in coming out in May and my major editing deadlines. Serious case of whiplash here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A telescope? That's AWESOME!
    I'm celebrating guest posting on the A to Z blog this coming Monday.

    ReplyDelete