Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Express Yourself: Scary Place to Spend Halloween



The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is: Where would be the scariest place to spend Halloween?

The second I saw this question, I immediately thought of the Villisca Ax Murder House.  It's located in Iowa, and since I'm from Iowa, this place sticks out in my mind. On June 10, 1912, eight people were bludgeoned to death with an ax while they slept. This obviously shook the small town to its core.  There's been a ton of folklore surrounding the house ever since, and last I knew, small groups could pay to stay there overnight.  Imagine telling ghost stories in a house with that kind of brutal history. I'm not easily scared, but staying there with a group of friends on Halloween would definitely feel creepy.

If you're curious about the house and its history, you can read more HERE.

What do you think would be the scariest place to spend Halloween?


2 comments:

  1. That would be creepy.
    I think spending the night in an abandoned insane asylum would be scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I want to stay anywhere scary on Halloween. Other people can and tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete